Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Setting aside time to patch up your armor of God

Hello TJC PJ Youths!

It has been a long while since I've greeted you all, and I hope that everyone is doing great under God's guidance.

Anyway, I've just returned from the one week National Working Youth Seminar held at Australia, and I just wanted to share my thoughts. I feel that it is very important to attend these sort of seminars regularly for spiritual nurture. It is not about being a counsellor or an administrator in bible camps or teolo, nor is it about youth fellowships, outings and bible studies, although I do not deny that those programmes also help in our spiritual growth.

When I was attending this one week seminar, I realized just how long have I not set aside time to focus on spiritual cultivation. When I say set aside time, it means to forget about work, uni and every other thing except to learn the words of God. It is not merely setting aside your Sabbath day every week to attend church service and other activities in church on Saturday. I realize that my armor of God has become very rusty and I thank God that I had this opportunity to attend NWYS.

I acknowledge that a lot of you are doing a lot better than me in terms of setting aside time for God, but to some others, when was the last time you set aside one week solely to receive God's words and to renew you faith?

Hope that everyone has the opportunity for this soon. May God continue to guide us all.

Emmanuel

No comments: